Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-announce] Wireshark 2.2.0 is now available

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:26:09 +0200
Hi Jasey,

Wireshark 2.2.0 will not run on my Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit laptop.

Version 2.0.6 runs fine, but 2.2.0 starts to load and hangs at the "loading tap" message. I have to kill the process.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the Event generated in the Event Log.

Uninstalling USBPcap (if you use it) or removing your proprietary extcap tool (if any) should allow Wireshark to start.

Regards,
Pascal.