Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can I download Wireshark?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:53:53 -0700
On Sep 1, 2016, at 6:29 PM, Amavi Claude <claudeamavi1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How can i Download wireshark?

If you want the source code to a particular Wireshark release from the Wireshark developers, go to

	https://www.wireshark.org/download.html

and download the source code package for the release you want.  The current release (which is 2.0.5 right now) is at the top; older releases would be in the download areas on various mirrors:

	https://www.wireshark.org/download.html#spelunking

If you want a binary for Windows or OS X, do the same, but download the Windows installer or OS X .dmg for the release you want.

If you want a package for some other OS, then see the "Third-Party Package" list on the download page.

If you want to do development on the master branch (which doesn't correspond to any release, including the upcoming 2.2 release, it will be the basis for the release *after* 2.2), then clone the Git repository, as per

	https://www.wireshark.org/develop.html