Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Running extcaps from windows console

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:01:47 +0200
Hi Dario,

I'm testing some new features of extcaps, and I'm trying to launch them from windows console.
The compilation of Wireshark.sln goes to the end and I'm able to launch run\RelWithDebInfo\wireshark.exe. But when I try to launch an extcap manually as run\RelWithDebInfo\extcap\sshdump.exe --help I get the following error: "The program can't start because libwsutil.dll is missing from your computer"
What's the part I'm missing?

If you want to run them manually, copy the executable in the upper level folder (wireshark.exe one). Wireshark is manually adding its installation path to the DLL search path when launching the extcap programs, something that does not happen when you launch them from the command line. Or I guess adding the folder to your PATH environment variable should work also (I have not checked this method though).

Pascal.