Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] checklicenses.py

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 02:30:54 +0100

On 08/05/2016 10:31 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 5, 2016, at 12:17 PM, João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Debian licensecheck.pl version prior to the Smedegaard take over was standalone. I think we should import that to tools.

We might still want to look over the list of files currently being complained about (and make sure that the files we end up fixing are still checked):

	'doc/extcap.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/tshark.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/randpktdump.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/sshdump.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/androiddump.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/dumpcap.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/editcap.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/reordercap.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/rawshark.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/mergecap.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/dftest.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/ciscodump.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/randpkt.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/idl2deb.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/captype.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'
	'doc/wireshark-filter.pod' has non-whitelisted license 'UNKNOWN'

What license, if any, should we put on our man pages?

I think we can just use the standard Wireshark GPLv2+ header here, with copyright to Gerald and contributors.

Any objections?