Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] checklicenses.py
From: João Valverde <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:00:37 +0100

On 08/08/2016 06:42 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 8, 2016, at 9:00 AM, João Valverde <[email protected]> wrote:

Is there some reason not to treat "you can license this under the BSD license or under the GPL" as an acceptable license?
Please review https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/16957/.
That's still special-casing the dual-licensed files; any reason not to just treat it as an acceptable license by adding "BSD (3 clause) GPL (v2)" to WHITELISTED_LICENSES?
Repeating what I said in the Gerrit change (this is just my
understanding of course):
There's a difference between "choose license A or B" and "this code is
license A and that addition is license B".
We don't want to whitelist BSD + GPLv2, i.e, a BSD licensed file with a
GPLv2 contribution, because it would be incompatible with GPLv3 code.