Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Registering protocol details

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 20:03:25 +0200

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Anders,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I’ve read through exported_pdu.h and I don’t understand how this helps me.  Is there somewhere I can read more about using exported_pdu functions?

Thanks and regards…Paul

Have a look at  ../epan/dissectors/packet-user_encap.c. It gives you ad idea on how to generate the right EXPORTED_PDU headers. Use it as packet headers, with an encapsulation of value 252 (i.e. using libwritecap calls) and you're done.