Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cannot open include file: ‘moduleinfo.h’: No such file or di

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:05:36 +0200
Hi Paul,

Hi All,

I’m writing a new plugin dissector (nothing to do with my previous post).  I just have the basic functions at the moment of initialiser, handoff and dissection – copied from the WS wiki.  The build in VS fails with:

Error C1083:  Cannot open include file: ‘moduleinfo.h’: No such file or directory

The include is in plugin.c.  I run:

cmake -D ENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" ..\

and I thought this would add all of the External Dependencies I need.  When I look at the Gryphon plugin, moduleinfo.h is listed under External Dependencies, but when I go to my plugin it’s not listed.

What do I need to do?

You need to create a file named moduleinfo.h in your plugin folder that will look like the one found in gryphon plugin. Simply modify this one so as to change the PACKAGE and VERSION macros.

Regards,
Pascal.