Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_tree_add_item_ret_uint() returns unmasked value - shou

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 17:57:19 +0200

I’m also OK either way but as Pascal says taking the mask into account seems more sane.

How about changing

static void

proto_tree_set_uint(field_info *fi, guint32 value)

to return integer and use that.

proto_tree_set_uint is called too late currently: you have CHECK_FOR_NULL_TREE and TRY_TO_FAKE_THIS_ITEM calls before.
We might do the masking / shift directly in proto_tree_add_item_ret_uint / proto_tree_add_item_ret_int / proto_tree_add_bitmask_with_flags_ret_uint64 directly but it means it will be done twice when you have a tree and not faking items...

Regards

Anders