Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Embedding external program into wireshark menu

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:44:05 +0900

Hello friends,

We have a packet capturing application product. we have developed a tool in which we first get the captured packet data ( pcap file based on metadata information provided in query) and provided a button on the GUI of the tool to open the retrieved packet data (pcap file) in wireshark analyzer.

Now we want to incorporate this tool directly inside the wireshark analyzer. i.e. Sent from my iPhone kind of plugin or can embed in one of the existing menu like Tools -> (parallel to Lua menu).

From the new plugin expected to be developed, when the user clicks the menu for our product, then the original tool ( windows msi app) should be invoked and when the user inputs the metadata for query and gets the pcap as a result, and should then open in the wireshark automatically.

I am new to wireshark open source project. and not sure where to start from. in first place whether this is possible or not. Could you please confirm if this is possible and how?

Thanks & Regards,

~Rajesh

--
Thanks & Regards,