Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PCAP-NG Block Formats

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:43:00 +0000

OK – let’s hope it’s the doc.  The thing is, if there could be an optional Options block at the end of the EPB we will have to have the 4 byte endofopt otherwise a reader could interpret the trailing Total Block Length as an option block.  I suppose the standard could require that the reader keep track of the block size and then figure out if Options are included but that is pretty messy.

I’ll raise as a Wireshark bug and let’s see who screams.