Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to fix LANforge protcol.

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 07:07:44 +0200
Hi Brent,

I have push a better fix (fix wrong offset) in https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/15800/

It is better to send issue on bugtracker (and push fix directly on Gerrit)

Cheers

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Brent Lovelace <brent.lovelace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 16-06-09 02:33 PM, Pascal Quantin wrote:

Hi Brent,

Le 9 juin 2016 23:20, "Brent Lovelace" <brent.lovelace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> The attached patch fixes a bug we noticed in wireshark.

The change was made because tvb_memeql is known to be slow.
What is the issue exactly? Related to endianness preventing to identify the magic?
Could you a share a pcap file demonstrating the issue?

Best regards,
Pascal.

Hey Pascal,

I've attached a pcap file with LANforge UDP packets. The protocol in these packets should be LANforge but they decode as UDP. The patch is intended to fix the protocol decoding issue.

Thanks,
Brent
--
Brent Lovelace