Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Copy error during build of copy_cli_dlls

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:19:52 +0100

On 1 June 2016 at 11:05, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I haven’t built Wireshark for a while.  I did a fresh git pull and then tried a build.  I get a whole raft of errors but they seem to originate from this one:

12>------ Build started: Project: copy_cli_dlls, Configuration: Debug x64 ------

10>  packet-ap1394.c

10>  packet-app-pkix-cert.c

10>  packet-applemidi.c

10>  packet-aprs.c

10>  packet-arcnet.c

10>  packet-armagetronad.c

10>  packet-arp.c

10>  packet-artnet.c

10>  packet-aruba-adp.c

10>  packet-aruba-erm.c

10>  packet-aruba-iap.c

10>  packet-aruba-papi.c

10>  packet-ar_drone.c

10>  packet-asap.c

10>  packet-ascend.c

12>  0 File(s) copied

10>  packet-asf.c

10>  packet-assa_r3.c

12>  0 File(s) copied

12>  0 File(s) copied

10>  packet-asterix.c

10>  packet-at.c

12>  0 File(s) copied

10>  packet-atalk.c

12>  0 File(s) copied

10>  packet-ath.c

12>  0 File(s) copied

10>  packet-atm.c

10>  packet-atmtcp.c

12>  Error copying file (if different) from "C:/Development/wireshark/wireshark-win64-libs/c-ares-1.9.1-1-win64ws/bin/libcares-2.dll" to "C:/Development/Wireshark/build/run/Debug".

I don’t have the directory c-ares-1.9.1-1-win64ws but I do have c-ares-1.11.0-win64ws.

I’m building on Windows 7 64-bit with Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition.  I run the following command to prep for the build:

C:\Development\Wireshark\build>cmake -D ENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" ..\

Any advice much appreciated.

Best regards…Paul

Paul Offord FBCS CITP
Chief Technical Officer
Advance7

cd ..
rd /s /q build
mkdir build
cmake ...

Sometime changes to the build seem to be too much for CMake to handle in an existing build dir and rather than track them down, I've adopted the "take off and nuke the build from orbit" approach.

--
Graham Bloice