Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Export ssl_starttls_ack for plugins

From: "Juan Pablo Mendoza" <jpmendoza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:14:28 -0500
Hello,

I'm writing a dissector plugin for a in-house protocol. The protocol can go either over plain text or negotiate TLS/SSL at the beginning. This is the intended use case for ssl_starttls_ack. But I found out that I can't use that function since its not exported for plugins (doesn't have WS_DLL_PUBLIC).

I exported it myself in my own wireshark build and it works great, but I'll be nice that others can use a standard wireshark build and just add my plugin. Is there a reason for those functions (all of the packet-ssl-utils.h) not to be exported? Or its just because nobody has requested it so far?