Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build fails on SuSE 11.3, print_stream.c:151: error: implici

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 02:15:55 -0700
On May 13, 2016, at 1:56 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I got a report that the build fails on SuSE 11.3. Is someone else seeing this? I don’t have the time to look into it just right now.
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> print_stream.c: In function 'print_line_text':
> print_stream.c:151: error: implicit declaration of function 'g_get_codeset'
> print_stream.c:151: error: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

The GLib documentation for g_get_codeset():

	https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html#g-get-codeset

doesn't have a "Since 2.XXX" item, but perhaps they just forgot to add one.  What version of GLib is in SuSE 11.3?

My Mac has GLib 2.36.0 installed, and g_get_codeset() is declared in glib/gcharset.h; glib.h includes <glib/gcharset.h>, so including glib.h should be sufficient to get g_get_codeset() declared in that version of GLib.