Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Setting OID_DOT11_CURRENT_OPERATION_MODE failed with error code

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:59:43 +0800
Hi list,

I'm adding set wireless adapter operation mode function to WlanHelper tool (shipped with Npcap). I called PacketRequest in packet.dll to do the OID setting and getting.

The code is here:

My system is Win10 x64 with a Atheros wireless card. I can successfully get the operation mode, but the setting to monitor mode fails with error code 1 (from GetLastError). However, I can successfully set operation mode using WlanSetInterface call (https://github.com/nmap/npcap/blob/master/packetWin7/WlanHelper/WlanHelper/WlanHelper.cpp#L422-L450)

I googled around but didn't find anything valuable. Why my OID way fails? Thanks!

Cheers,
Yang