Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Debian builds in wireshark

From: Born In <d3c1978@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:46:59 +0000 (UTC)
When I try to build an installer package for Ubuntu (Debian), I am asked (per the INSTALL doc in the root folder) to execute: "dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot" before I use configure/make etc.
However, after I checkout the source, make the required changes to the code and run the command, it creates a folder called debian with a bunch of files and directories, but no .deb files.
Is there a place that explains this process in detail? (For ex. if I'm changing something inside a folder in epan/dissectors/asn1/, will the dpkg command internally build the changed code or do I need to compile it first and then run the dpkg command?

Regards.