Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to download required libraries when using Cmake?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:08:35 +0100

On 25 April 2016 at 11:53, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 25 April 2016 at 11:38, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

How are you to download the required support libraries with cmake?

With nmake you get a warning if they are out of date and you can run the setup target to have them updated. If I’m not missing something this does not work with

Cmake?

Regards

Anders

CMake causes the third party libs to be downloaded using the same PowerShell script as nmake, win-setup.ps1, however I think this is only a CMake generation step, not build step.  There's a comment in CMakeLists.txt:

# XXX Add a dependency on ${_ws_lib_dir}/current_tag.txt?

That would somehow force a run of win-setup.ps1 to be part of the build step.  The tricky part is sequencing it so that it would be the first target to be built.

Note that the CMake generation step is automagically done for a build if any of the CMakeLists.txt files have changed, but there's no current dependency to cause that to happen if the tag is changed.  As the tag is implicit in win-setup.ps1, that could be used as a pre-build dependency.

--
Graham Bloice