Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] checkapi

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 10:17:10 +0100

On 18 April 2016 at 22:48, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 18, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What should we do about the lex files?  Guy's last comment on this issue was
>
> Some "generated" code is "generated" by copying it from the .l/.lemon/.y/etc. files; the problem is that we'd like to check that code, but not code that's actually *generated*.

Can we make checkapi.pl capable of reading .l and .y files?  If so, we should process them, not the generated files.

(Lemon is less important, as we have our own fork of Lemon and can change it, although we may not want to make Wireshark-specific changes, so it might also be useful to have checkapi.pl capable of processing them as well.)

checkAPIs.pl appears to be able to parse .l files at present, hence the errors I noted in my previous email.

FWIW, the nmake implementation also passed .l files to checkAPIs.pl.  The change (14873) currently in progress also passes .lemon .and .y files (as did nmake) to the script but there are either no errors reported, or the script silently fails on them.

--
Graham Bloice