Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dumpcap 2.x trouble

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:20:48 -0700
On Apr 18, 2016, at 4:04 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a dumpcap bug, and needs to be fixed - "fixed" as in "fixed for 2.0.3".

Except that (as you already said) it's not present in 2.0.2.

So...

> Please file the bug

...no need to file the bug.

Then again, I looked at the code that dumpcap would use to write an ISB, and it doesn't seem to have changed since 2.0.x, so *dumpcap* should still be writing the ISB correctly.

It's *libwiretap* that's broken.  The new option-handling code treats it as a regular 64-bit quantity, which it is *not* - it's two 32-bit quantities, a high part and a low part, *always* written in that order, with each of the parts written in host byte order.