Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] checkapi

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 22:16:39 +0100
I reworked the change, removing some files that were not checked before (in nmake) and adding some that were.

I now have 2 classes of failures (plus a few warnings):

1)

The command line to checkAPIs.pl for the dissector sources exceeds the Windows limit.  Have to think about this.

2)

After adding all lex\yacc\lemon input files, the lex files all cause errors due to prohibited\abort APIs:

Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/epan/dfilter/scanner.l: malloc,realloc,free
Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/plugins/mate/mate_parser.l: malloc,realloc,free
Found abort APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/plugins/mate/mate_parser.l: g_error
Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/ui/text_import_scanner.l: malloc,realloc,free
Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/plugins/wimaxasncp/wimaxasncp_dict.l: strncpy,malloc,realloc,free,strerror
Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/wiretap/ascend_scanner.l: malloc,realloc,free
Found prohibited APIs in E:/Wireshark/wireshark/wiretap/k12text.l: malloc,realloc,free

What should we do about the lex files?  Guy's last comment on this issue was

Some "generated" code is "generated" by copying it from the .l/.lemon/.y/etc. files; the problem is that we'd like to check that code, but not code that's actually *generated*.

--
Graham Bloice