Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compiling asn.1 dissectors in Linux

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:15:25 +0100

On 12-04-2016 20:10, Guy Harris wrote:
On Apr 12, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Jo�o Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought "extra" was an addition to "build", but it's not, it's a replacement, so I think it's still useful when running autogen.sh as a static tag instead of the usual git revision. Should be doable.

I.e. have autogen.sh or the configure script set the "extra" part of the version string based on the WIRESHARK_VERSION_EXTRA environment variable?

Yes. It needs to be done during autogen.sh because VERSION is set by AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE which in turn sets it from AC_INIT, but keeping config.h static is a good thing.

See here for the proposal please:

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/14897/