Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Coverity issues from new scanner/parser

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 00:29:59 +0200
On 08-04-16 19:32, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2016, at 1:28 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> While this work is fresh, could this be addressed?
>
> That would presumably be done by arranging that the version of Flex generating those files have this bug:
>
> 	https://sourceforge.net/p/flex/bugs/82/
>
> fixed.

Oh great, they forgot to track when that bug was fixed. Oh well, tracking back
from the buildbot (Kernel Linux 3.13.0-79-generic suggests Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
gives us flex 2.5.35-10.1ubuntu2, which is dated 2008-02-26 on SourceForge.
Still the Ubuntu package has patches applied, but concluding from the Coverity
results this bugfix is not in.

It would already help if the buildbot would get access to the backports
repository, bringing flex 2.5.39-8~ubuntu14.04.1, based on a version dated
2012-08-03 on SourceForge. This is much closer to when this bug report was closed.

Thanks,
Jaap