Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QT translation: lock keyboard shortcut terms?

From: Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 08:07:20 +0200
Please note that some translations (not Wireshark only!) translate
arrow keys names (Up, Down, Left, Right).
For example: Polish. (I think it based on the fact that Enter,
Backspace, Shift, Ctrl, Alt, PrintScreen, Insert, Esc, etc. has
English name on the button, but arrows have only arrows (pictogram),
so it is better to translate them. So I am ok to lock all shortcut
without those with arrow and also if someone requests something... Let
me think... we should ask Russian, Chinese, etc. what they have on the
keyboard?

On 2 April 2016 at 00:24, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 08:27:57PM +0200, Uli Heilmeier wrote:
>> At the moment the translation source files ui/qt/wireshark_xx.ts contains
>> all the keyboard shortcuts (e.g. like 'Ctrl+Home'). Therefore these terms
>> are also listed in Transifex.
>>
>> However these terms are translated "automatically" with the qt_xx.qm
>> files. Doing a manually translation breaks the display of the shortcuts in
>> the UI (s.
>> https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201511/msg00101.html).
>>
>> I did the mistake to translate the terms some month ago and another
>> member of the German Transifex team has done the same mistake this week.
>>
>> How can we prevent this?
>> * Remove keyboard shortcuts from the wireshark_xx.ts file (if feasible)
>
> I looked through the manual
> (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linguist-translators.html) and did not find an
> option to disable translation for such options. It should however be
> possible to remove the shortcuts from the .ts files and add them to the
> cpp files instead using the setShortcut method of QActions. See:
>
>  - https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qaction.html#shortcut-prop
>  - https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qkeysequence.html#details
> --
> Kind regards,
> Peter Wu
> https://lekensteyn.nl

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Michał Łabędzki, Software Engineer
Tieto Corporation

Product Development Services

http://www.tieto.com / http://www.tieto.pl
---
ASCII: Michal Labedzki
location: Swobodna 1 Street, 50-088 Wrocław, Poland
room: 5.01 (desk next to 5.08)
---
Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
notified that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank You.
---
---
Tieto Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością z siedzibą w
Szczecinie, ul. Malczewskiego 26. Zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym
Szczecin-Centrum w Szczecinie, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000124858. NIP: 8542085557. REGON:
812023656. Kapitał zakładowy: 4 271500 PLN