Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QT translation: lock keyboard shortcut terms?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 00:24:50 +0200
On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 08:27:57PM +0200, Uli Heilmeier wrote:
> At the moment the translation source files ui/qt/wireshark_xx.ts contains
> all the keyboard shortcuts (e.g. like 'Ctrl+Home'). Therefore these terms
> are also listed in Transifex.
>
> However these terms are translated "automatically" with the qt_xx.qm
> files. Doing a manually translation breaks the display of the shortcuts in
> the UI (s.
> https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201511/msg00101.html).
>
> I did the mistake to translate the terms some month ago and another
> member of the German Transifex team has done the same mistake this week.
>
> How can we prevent this?
> * Remove keyboard shortcuts from the wireshark_xx.ts file (if feasible)

I looked through the manual
(https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linguist-translators.html) and did not find an
option to disable translation for such options. It should however be
possible to remove the shortcuts from the .ts files and add them to the
cpp files instead using the setShortcut method of QActions. See:

 - https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qaction.html#shortcut-prop
 - https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qkeysequence.html#details
--
Kind regards,