Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warn Dissector bug, protocol RADIUS

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:05:37 -0400

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

After the recent radius changes I get these console printouts for radius packets….

Hey, you blamin' me? ;-) ;-)

C:\Development\wireshark>17:30:27          Warn Dissector bug, protocol RADIUS,

in packet 65: proto.c:2494: failed assertion "(guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len" (

Unregistered hf!)

Hmm, it looks like proto_register_prefix() isn't calling the "register the fields" function until *after* dissecting the packets (at least once).  Weird.  I'll try to take a deeper look in a bit.