Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building with CMake on Win10 and VS2013 (win64)

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:25:26 +0100

On 30-03-2016 14:20, Jo�o Valverde wrote:

On 30-03-2016 08:48, Graham Bloice wrote:

On 30 March 2016 at 03:10, Jo�o Valverde
<joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 29-03-2016 21:46, Roland Knall wrote:

        Sorry, late over here. You could try with cmake 3.5rc2. But
        beside that,
        I did not get WS compile correctly with VS2013 for some time
        now, need
        to use VS2015 myself.

    Just another data point, I tried building on Windows 10 x64 with
    VS2015 and the latest of everything I could find (cmake, etc), just
    following along the dev guide, it worked really well, no problems at
    all.

                     mailto:wireshark-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a little surprised that VS2015 worked straight away, have you built
an installer and tested that?  I thought there might be issues with the
split C runtime library in VS2015.

I still build with VS2013 on Win 7 (in a VirtualBox VM).  I'll likely be
switching to a Win 10 build VM soon.

I hadn't tried building the NSIS installer, but now that I looked into
it, I'm stumped because I don't have any nsis*.vcxproj files in my build
dir.

Nevermind, it dawned on me that I needed to re-run cmake to detect the fresh NSIS installation. :)