Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can't build GTK only using CMake on Windows7

From: Robert Cragie <robert.cragie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:29:45 +0100
It's a fork from 3771a79 with some custom changes. We tend to use the GTK version as it used to be more stable than the Qt version. I am not sure if that still is the case and I know GTK will be deprecated - is it at the point now where Qt version is better maintained, i.e. from the point of view more people are generally using it these days in preference to the GTK version?

I don't mind adding in Qt if I have to but was managing fine to build just GTK previously. I guess the "Can't find Qt. It will become a problem at some point" warning is now true :-)

Robert

On 27 March 2016 at 20:00, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 02:46:35AM +0000, Robert Cragie wrote:
> Following the announcement about deprecating nmake (which I have been using
> successfully for years), I thought I would try using CMake. I deliberately
> only want to build the GTK version so I use the following options with
> CMake:
>
> cmake -DENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -DBUILD_wireshark=off -G "Visual Studio 12"
> ..\wireshark
>
> CMake runs but there are some errors at the end:
>
> CMake Error at packaging/nsis/CMakeLists.txt:199 (add_custom_command):
>   Error evaluating generator _expression_:
>
>     $<TARGET_FILE:wireshark>
>
>   No target "wireshark"
> Any ideas here?

Which version of wireshark?
And why do you want to build the GTK-Only version?

   Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>