Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: About building the wireshark

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:12:16 +0100

On 28-03-2016 07:22, LIN Qingxiang(林清祥) wrote:
Hi,

This is the verbose build output for MOC:

    lqx@bogon:~/bin/wireshark-2.1.0-2469-g162df25/ui/qt$ make V=1
    about_dialog.moc.cpp
    /usr/bin/moc -qt=5 --no-notes -I.. -I../.. -o about_dialog.moc.cpp
    about_dialog.h
    moc: Invalid argument
    Usage: moc [options] <header-file>
       -o<file>           write output to file rather than stdout
       -I<dir>            add dir to the include path for header files
       -E                 preprocess only; do not generate meta object code
       -D<macro>[=<def>]  define macro, with optional definition
       -U<macro>          undefine macro
       -i                 do not generate an #include statement
       -p<path>           path prefix for included file
       -f[<file>]         force #include, optional file name (overwrite
    default)
       -b<file>           prepend #include <file> (preserve default include)
       -nn                do not display notes
       -nw                do not display warnings
       @<file>            read additional options from file
       -v                 display version of moc
    make: *** [about_dialog.moc.cpp] Error 1

It appears the option "--no-notes" needs to be replaced with -nn for Qt 5.0.2. This has been a recurring problem so I will just make sure "old-style" options are used everywhere. As far as I know it has not been deprecated in Qt5. Otherwise some test during build configuration will be needed.

Anyway I think replacing "--no-notes" with "-nn" will fix your problem.

<joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx