Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Change LIB and Executable names using CMake?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 00:15:05 +0200
Hello,

a litte late, but I have too many unread mails in my Wireshark inbox...

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 02:36:12PM +0000, Alex Lindberg wrote:
> I am using CMake to build a customized version of Wireshark that needs to be installed beside the default Wireshark libraries and run-time files.

What does "beside" mean? Wouldn't it be easiest to install it to its own
folder, e.g. /opy/mycompany/ instead of /usr/ and then just put a script
"/usr/bin/mywsname" into the normal path? That way no extra source patching
would be necessary.

Ciao
 Jörg