Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Column header highlighting.

From: Jakub Mazur <kubsztal1978@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:10:03 +0100

Thanks! It's exactly what I has been looking for.

On 9 Mar 2016 18:35, "Gerald Combs" <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/4/16 1:27 PM, Jakub Mazur wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my 1st mail on this group thus I'd like to say hello to everybody :)
>
> And my question as I'm not familiar with QT yet: which part of the code is
> responsible for changing  a background color of a column header (e.g. No.,
> Time, Source, Destination, Protocol, etc. ) when a mouse pointer is placed
> over the header?

That part of the code is called "the Qt library, specifically QHeaderView." You should be able to change the packet list column header background using a stylesheet[1] or by subclassing QHeaderView and overriding its drawing routines. We don't currently do either.

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/stylesheet-examples.html#customizing-qheaderview