Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Manually resolve name

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:41:39 +0100
Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your answer.

I will wait until the current patch is approved and then I will add more functionality, so I submit multiple simpler patches.

Thanks,
Juanjo Martin

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Juan,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have managed to create an RTPS address using the guidPrefix, and I created a new column for it (adding it also to pinfo->rtps_src).
We try to avoid to add new stuff of pinfo..
You can add a column via "Right Click" Apply as Column

It looks like this:

Inline image 2

This is going to help a lot in the debugging of RTPS issues.

My next goal is to be able to manually resolve the Participant GUID displayed, the same way we are capable of resolving the IP addresses (as I did with HostB in the picture above).

1) How can I do that? Where do I have to code?
There is a vlan id name mapping in progress, it is the same idea : https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/14471/

2) If I get it done, would it be included in the community version? or would something like this be rejected?
I think i can be add...

Thanks!
Juanjo Martin