Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Manually resolve name

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:18:00 +0100
Hi everybody,

I have managed to create an RTPS address using the guidPrefix, and I created a new column for it (adding it also to pinfo->rtps_src).

It looks like this:

Inline image 2

This is going to help a lot in the debugging of RTPS issues.

My next goal is to be able to manually resolve the Participant GUID displayed, the same way we are capable of resolving the IP addresses (as I did with HostB in the picture above).

1) How can I do that? Where do I have to code?

2) If I get it done, would it be included in the community version? or would something like this be rejected?

Thanks!
Juanjo Martin