Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with NSIS packaging and Copyright symbol?

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 08:30:08 +0000

Hi,

A collegue of mine get

Processing config: C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\nsisconf.nsh

Processing script file: "uninstall.nsi" (ACP)

Bad text encoding: common.nsh:34

!include: error in script: "common.nsh" on line 34

Error in script "uninstall.nsi" on line 8 -- aborting creation process

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\makensis.exe"' : return code '0x1'

Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

When trying to make a package, on the line before it says “; NSIS handles the copyright symbol correctly using CP-1252 but not UTF-8.”

So I guess this is related? Deleting the line packaging works with a warning “Generating version information for language “1033-English”

Without standard key “LegalCopyright” so I assume this problem arises with CP-1033? Any ideas on how to fix?

Regards

Anders