Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Trouble with COMMIT_EDITMSG

From: "FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAI3)" <fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:05:14 +0000

Hello again,

thanks for your answer Pascal. I’m currently over it and trying to fix that merge issue.

I now resetted my local repository with  “git reset --hard origin“. Afterwards doing a “git checkout” command it says: “Your branch is up-to-date with ‘origin/master”. (Exactly what I wanted.)

Pulling my upload from the Gerrit server with “git pull …“ GIT Bashs shows me, that all the files of my patch have been changed. (At this point everything is ok.)

(Commit Message is not showed in the download list, but as I understand everything correctly, this file will be automatically created, isn’t it?)

After another “git checkout HEAD” to check my patch download, GIT already tells me that my branch is head of “origin/master” by 2 commits. But I didn’t change anything after the pull command or is that the problem Pascal mentioned, that I perhaps did an pull, which was ahead of “origin/master”?

Can someone help me, who knows the GIT commands to solve this problem?

(I just want to pull my patch à get the used commit message with its ChangeID from Gerrit à edit the files à uploading it as a new patch version again …)

Regards

T. Scholz