Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building with current GIT clone fails

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 12:59:47 +0000

On 4 March 2016 at 10:35, FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAI3) <fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

today I updated my local GIT Repository to obtain all new functions. Trying to build Wireshark with its new files, it “stops” at     20>  qtui.vcxproj -> D:\Development\wsbuild64_VS2013\run\RelWithDebInfo\qtui.lib. The meaning behind “stops” is, that at this point (doesn’t matter if I’m gonna build directly in VS2013 or the prompt) after nearly 30 minutes of waiting, nothing happens.

I cloned the current repository via GIT nearly three times to check, whether the download or the preparing of the build files with CMake had some failures, but the build always stops at the mentioned point. I didn’t change anything of my system, and having an older version of the Wireshark repository, the build worked fine.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

T. Scholz

A reference check on the state of builds can be seen by checking the buildbot status: https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/waterfall

Currently they are green, although I'm getting a build error on Windows about generation of the AUTHORS file.  The binaries are all still good though.

--
Graham Bloice