Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] linking errors on Windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:28:31 +0000

On 24 February 2016 at 05:25, Edwin Groothuis <Edwin.Groothuis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

I’m in the process of upgrading an 1.10 environment into the 2.0 century and run in one last problem: The functions from a new file in epan/ don’t get recognized by the linker for VS2013. I have added it to Makefile.common, the include file contains the WS_DLL_PUBLIC declaration. In the past I needed to add the symbol to libwireshark.def, but that file seems to have disappeared in 2.0.

Who has a push in the right direction for me to get these functions properly exported in a 2.0 environment so the VS2013 linker can resolve them?

Are you building with CMake or the soon to be deprecated nmake?

If using CMake, the new source file should be added to epan\CMakeLists.txt, probably in the list LIBWIRESHARK_FILES.  If using nmake, then epan\Makefile.common is probably the right spot.  More ifnormation on your changes would help.

As other have said we'll need to see the output from the build step to help further.

--
Graham Bloice