Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector Consulting Project

From: Bryant Eastham <bryant.eastham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 19:09:01 +0000

All:

Panasonic is interested in having a large (13K line) dissector updated and “shepherded” through the approval process to be incorporated directly in to Wireshark. The work has up to now been a set of plugins and not distributed outside of Panasonic.

The bulk of the conversion has been done and it compiles (as of a few weeks ago) and runs, including the work migrating separate protocol dissector plugins into one massive file (requested as part of our original attempt to submit).

The tasks would be:

1.       Review the code for obvious API issues.

2.       Update field names (several hundred in total) to match updated protocol specifications (available online).

3.       Resolve any issues related to getting the code accepted. I realize there is no guarantee, but making requested modifications to the extent possible.

If there is anyone interested in this project please respond off-list to bryant.eastham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks,

Bryant

Bryant Eastham | Principal Software Architect
Panasonic Corporation of North America
4525 S Wasatch Blvd STE 100 Salt Lake City, UT 84124-4787
Phone: 801.993.7124
Fax: 801.993.7260

cid:image001.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030
cid:image002.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030cid:image003.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030 cid:image004.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030 cid:image005.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030 cid:image006.jpg@01D05253.B76FE030