Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Highlight fields

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:45:15 +0100
Hi

No, currently there is no direct way to do this. And any new way would require a change to the dissectors handling the messages

regards

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Let's say I have several submessages in a packet (RTPS). When I filter, one of them matches so the whole RTPS (UDP datagram) matches and thus, it is shown in the display. However, if the amount of submessages is large (200?), it is quite tedious to find the matching submessage.

Is there any way in Wireshark (GUI or changing source code) to solve my issue? Highlighting the field that makes something match a filter or something like that.

Thanks!
Juanjo Martin