Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Reassembly of IP fragments gets confused by multiple packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 09:28:36 -0800
On Feb 8, 2016, at 9:23 AM, Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, when conversation is set up from say the SDP dissector for the upcoming rtp flow we will not know on which wire it will appear.

So perhaps the reassembly code should take into account the conversation ID (with conversations not taking the wire ID into account) *and* possibly also the wire ID, with a preference to indicate whether to include the wire ID or not (set the preference when there's routing between wires going on, don't set it if, say, wires are being bundled together for greater bandwidth, or different VLANs are being used for upstream and downstream traffic, or...).