Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark fails to start with wpcap.dll built by Visual Stud

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 09:44:54 -0800
It make sense to switch to VS 2015. It uses the Universal CRT, which ships
with Windows 10 and is available via Windows Update (KB 2999226) on earlier
versions of Windows.

I'm hoping to switch Wireshark's Windows installers to VS 2015 before 2.2
is released, but that depends on our third party DLLs (most notably Kerberos).