Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Mac Build Error

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:02:12 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 21, 2016, at 11:42 PM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry to disappoint ;-), but it can be done, just not in a convenient way. And the 9oo10 mostly is fixed by using a newer version then 2.8.12 for CMake. There are some issues already with the RC compiler and the NMake Generator (does not get the correct Include paths set), but the Visual Studio generator works just fine.

So what version of CMake should we specify as the minimum on various platforms?

Currently the absolute minimum seems to be 2.8.3. For *NIX systems, 2.8.10 should be widely available (Ubuntu 14.04 has 2.8.12, Debian Jessie 3.0.2), but as nearly all gcc based systems do not have the issue, I am fine with leaving it at 2.8.3 for them as well.

What could be done is setting the minimum required version on OS/X to the same as for windows, 3.1.3.

I would absolutely have nothing against setting a higher version for the rest as well, but would keep it on a 2.8.x version for now.