Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] nmake link error when subdir presents in dissector plugin projec

From: Ran Bao <worksev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:11:33 +1300
Hello
Currently my project have the similar file structure as follow:

dissector_folder
|----folder
      |----packet-folder-xxx.c
|----packet-xxx.c
|----Makefile.nmake
|----Makefile.common
|--- other files

CMake and automake works fine with this file structure. However, when built on Windows with nmake tool, the object file "packet-folder-xxx.obj" was generated and placed at the top level folder:

dissector_folder
|----folder
      |----packet-folder-xxx.c
|----packet-xxx.c
|----Makefile.nmake
|----Makefile.common
|----packet-folder-xxx.obj
|----packet-xxx.obj

While the linker is still looking for "folder/packet-folder-xxx.obj". In this case, it will generate an error.

I am not familiar with nmake command. There aren't much useful information online. How can I modifiy Makefile.nmake to make it either look for "packet-folder-xxx.obj" without "folder" or place the generated object file next to .c source?

Regards

Regards

Ran
Ran Bao