Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin Version

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:15:53 +0100
Hi Paul,

I’m having problems setting the Version information for a plugin I have developed.  I’ve changed the version information in moduleinfo.nmake:

# The version

MODULE_VERSION_MAJOR=0

MODULE_VERSION_MINOR=99

MODULE_VERSION_MICRO=3

MODULE_VERSION_EXTRA=0

and in CMakeLists.txt:

set_module_info(syncro 0 99 3 0)

I then run:

cmake -D ENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" ..\

but the About Wireshark -> Plugins info shows as 0.0.1.

Is there somewhere else I need to change the version details?

No need to modify moduleinfo.nmake if you are using CMake.
But you need to modify moduleinfo.h file: this is the one containing the version string as displayed in Wireshark GUI. CMakeList.txt contains the version info as displayed in Windows properties when you right click on the dll file.

Regards,
Pascal.