Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Mac Build Error

From: David Morsberger <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 10:04:47 -0500

On Jan 18, 2016, at 2:48 AM, Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 6:27 AM, David Morsberger <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been unable to resolve the following build errors on my Mac with 10.11.

Maybe you have a outdated declare_wslua.h in your source directory?
Try deleting this.

Thanks! That was it. I removed declare_wslua.h and register_wslua.c from the source directory (wireshark/epan/wslua).

Not exactly sure how the outdated file showed up in the wireshark source (not build) hierarchy. My guess is it was due to a cmake run because of the following.
1. mkdir build
2. cd build
3. cmake <options> .. to include cmake -G Xcode ..
4 No make file in the build directory. It appears to put all the generated files in the wireshark source directories. This behavior is counter to the build instructions.

Anybody else see this behavior?

Is there a simple way to clean out my source directory so I can truly start from scratch? ‘git status —ignore’ shows a lot of files where ‘git status’ only shows my build directory.

Thanks,
David