Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Changing names of excutable files using CMake?

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:06:24 +0000 (UTC)
I am using CMake to build a customized version of Wireshark that needs to be installed at the beside the default Wireshark libraries and run-time files.

To do this with previous version of Wireshark (<2) I created a SED script to do global search and replace functions to change file names, etc. The result of this script, that after a build, custom named libraries, directories and executable files where created. This approach worked, but did not allow for easy migration to newer code bases.

So now I am trying to do it the 'smart way' (if there is one) by migrating to CMake (using Jetbrains' Clion) for the build environment.  The default build works just fine (Based on Debian's testing version of WS).

Any ideas on how to proceed?  I can imagine that my request will meet some resistance.

As always, thank you for your help.

Alex Lindberg
alindber@xxxxxxxxx