Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding interface to wpcap/libpcap for sending packets to Rx

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:00:57 -0800
On Jan 13, 2016, at 8:16 AM, Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to implement a feature that Npcap can send packets to Rx (receive path) instead of the current Tx (send path).

What do you mean by "send packets to the receive path"?

Does that mean that a packet "sent" to the receive path is *not* transmitted on the network interface, but, instead, appears as if it were a packet that had arrived on that interface (and is processed by the Windows networking stack)?

If so, then...

> I know how to implement this in the driver layer. But I don't know how to add this interface to wpcap.dll. I don't want to change too much like adding a function call. What's the best practice to do this? Thanks.

...it is *completely unrelated* to anything libpcap/WinPcap currently does, and therefore *should* be done with a new function call.