Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 802.11 monitor interfaces created by Wireshark do not have o

From: Mikael Kanstrup <mikael.kanstrup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:10:20 +0100
Hi,

I've been using at least D-Link DWA-160 adapter and some Intel
wireless adapters successfully without setting this flag so I guess
the problem is driver specific. I just uploaded a patch to have
wireshark set the otherbss flag when the monitor interface is created
here:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/13219

Do you know of an easy way to check whether the flag is set? I tried
it with my D-Link adapter and it still works but haven't verified that
the patch really does what it is supposed to do.

When building make sure the configure output contains this line:
checking for NL80211_MNTR_FLAGS... yes

/Mikael