Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PPP capture

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:42:50 +0800
Hi Alexis,

AFAIK, Npcap/WinPcap works on the data link level and it sees the Ethernet frames. In my understanding, VPN SSL (https) or raw HTTP is just data of high-levels (IP packets) for Npcap/WinPcap. I don't know if it's appropriate or viable for Npcap/WinPcap to see this data. Maybe a higher-level sniffer like Fiddler is more suitable for this task? Any other opinions?

Cheers,
Yang