Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] CMake: Disable building with QT ?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 17:55:45 -0800
On Dec 29, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 03:58:13PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 14, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> To enable completion you also need the bash-completion package
>>> installed and sourced in your bash session.
>>
>> I.e., this isn't a feature of CMake, it's a feature of the combination of
>>
>> 	1) a version of bash with programmable completion
>>
>> and
>>
>> 	2) a version of CMake that supplies completion rules
>>
>> so you won't have that feature unless
>>
>> 	1) your shell is a version of bash with support for programmable completion
>>
>> and
>>
>> 	2) your CMake has completion rules and those rules are installed for use by bash.
>
> And 3) it actually works, which it doesn't for me: OS X 10.11, CMake 3.4.1,
> GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin15)
> dies with "cmake -D-bash: compopt: command not found"

So 1) in the first list should be changed to

	1) a version of bash with programmable completion *and the compopt command*

and 1) in the second list should be changed similarly.

"A version of bash with programmable completion *and the compopt command*" means "bash 4.0 or later", which isn't the bash that ships with OS X.  Bash may have switched to GPL 3 in 4.0; I'm not sure Apple ships *any* GPL 3 code with OS X.