Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector code feedback request (Cassandra CQL)

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 10:00:28 +0100

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM, <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've started cobbling together a dissector plugin for the CQL binary protocol used by Apache Cassandra. I'm brand new to Wireshark development, so I'm sure some patterns could be improved. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what I have so far:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/aarontc/d285047c78b4b2a3c1d3/raw/4eff8ed1c6ba342434eae770a3921ae656a3d3d7/packet-cql.c

Any suggestions/criticism would be appreciated. If this dissector would be useful to anyone else, I'd like to see about getting it included with core Wireshark once any issues are resolved and the dissector is more feature complete.

Thanks,
-Aaron

Hi Aaron,

for feedback/review, the better is push your patch on Gerrit ( https://code.wireshark.org/review ), and core can be directly review you code (if you want to don't merge soon you can WIP flag...)